Pages

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Sat, Jan. 20th, 2007, 12:26 pm

The Dream
Huge room with tons of people. We were all sitting in chairs, girls facing guys, but kinda set in a circle. Girls were drawing names out of a hat. This was supposed to be the guy we would go on a date with. I drew one, but the girl holding the hat gave me another crumpled piece of paper... like a second choice, or something. And she just smiled knowingly at me. I opened up the paper from the hat, and it had a boy's name, then the name of the girl he was hoping to be with. It wasn't me, and I wasn't interested in the guy anyway. The crumpled up paper was Pochin, and it said he wanted to be with me. The girls next to me asked why I got two, and I told them the crumpled one was just a note from someone.
Then we were at a supermarket. Like a glorified Rite Aid, actually. I was in one of my sleeping gowns (that Yubo calls a muumuu), and everyone else was is pretty dresses or skirts. I felt ugly. Whatever girlfriend I was with said I looked fine. So we went into the store, and they had closed it just for us. Then I realized that I only brought a travel hair brush, and lip gloss, and maybe my wallet (I don't remember). For whatever reason, I forgot my purse, but I didn't go back to the car. All the girls waited in a semi-circle around the front doors. And the guys would come in, and pick the girl they wanted, and then they'd go off. I was hoping to get Pochin, so each guy that came through, I prayed he wouldn't pick me. Then Wakko comes running through the door with a big smile on his face and he grabs me around the waist and spins me. I can't help but smile, even though I'm a little disappointed that it wasn't Pochin. But I was still happy with Wakko because he's such a good friend. He said he picked me because he can't dance well but I would understand. So we danced up this big ramp in a psycho version of a waltz, but we were having tons of fun. By the time we got to the landing at the top of the ramp, we were suddenly Sakura and Syaoran. o.0???
And the rest of the dream was uneventful. Something about renting a bag to put my stuff in.

---
My Thoughts
I will admit that my attraction to Pochin is the farthest I've ever gone in the way of "cradle robbing," even though we never dated. He is quite the stud, so it's no surprise to me to have him in a dream in this way.

Dreaming about Wakko is an interesting thing to read about -- I mean, I don't particularly remember this dream at all. Wakko (the nickname came from Animaniacs in 4th grade and it stuck -- he still calls me Dot, and we do have a Yakko) and I have never made any deep connections in our friendship. We never confided in each other about anything, but knew that we would always be there for each other in a sibling kind of way.

What's funny is that in the dream he said he couldn't dance, but he was on dance team senior year in high school and did pretty well. Reading about this dream makes me wish we did connect on a deeper level, but I don't really regret anything. I know that we still maintain our sibling-ish friendship despite being so disconnected now.

And I love how cosplay still has to creep into my dream somehow. LoL.

No comments:

Post a Comment