Pages

Thursday, August 12, 2010

August 12, 2010

The Dream
I was in a town. We were chasing after someone that had done something wrong, apparently. I knew he was innocent. I wanted to save him, so during the chase my partner and I veered our horses off of the chase route. While everyone went down the hill, we went up. We were the leaders of the chase so we hoped that we could distract them, and get them to follow us up. We heard people call out to the others that we were going a different direction, but it seemed no one followed us. So we decided we just had to ride faster.


We ended up going up this mountain. Two young boys had followed us (we were their heroes, or something). We found the real criminal: a blue demon with wings that threw playing cards like knives. The place we ended up seemed to be his lair. He had stacks of playing cards all over the place, like planted weapons. My partner was shooting at him with arrows, but the demon had the ability to disappear. I didn’t have any weapons, so when my partner got down to his last arrow I picked up the demon’s playing cards to throw back at him. The final arrow missed, and I saw that some of the cards were getting absorbed back into the demon’s body. Just when I was about to tell the two young boys to run down the corridor to collect all of those playing cards we passed by, the demon sucked up the remaining playing cards from my hands.

Somehow, the two boys got sucked into the demon’s body as well. But that ended him. He was stalled for a while, so I took the chance to grab hold of him and try to choke him to unconsciousness. I held on for a long time, but the demon kept talking. Finally, upon some sort of agreement, the demon said he would leave the body he was possessing. When he did, the body felt much lighter… almost empty. We had somehow defeated the demon that was doing so much wrong in our town.

As we walked away, the castle that we were in started rewarding us. We got rolls of toilet paper that would replenish themselves. The rolls somehow fit on my forearm – we got so many, that was how I had to carry them. We got shoes in our sizes that would repel spiders. We received a few other things that I can’t remember clearly.

When we left the castle to go back to our town, it was suddenly like an obstacle race. We ran over a rickety wooden bridge that had a large sheet of white paper laid out. On the paper was something like a grid… like a race track on paper. The racers had stamps that they had to use on the paper. I finished the race first.

We went back to a large cabin to celebrate. When we got there, the person in charge approached me, telling me that they cake they got did not replenish. So we were completely out of cake, and not everyone had gotten a slice. I told him that I would call Francis, the witch(?) that gave us all the gifts from the castle. However, in order to call her, I had to count out coins to equal her phone number. For the area code, I took five large gold coins (that for some reason were supposedly the currency of Hawaii) to equal $5, then two dimes and a penny. The area code was 521. As I was trying to count out the rest of the phone number, my phone rang. It was Francis. She said she forgot to tell me the cake was sacred, and wouldn’t replenish itself, unlike all the other gifts she gave us. I told her that was why I was trying to call her. She didn’t get upset, but told me that I had to tell people to greet her at the bottom of the mountain every day.

It seemed like she was a ghost needing something to be fulfilled. She would spend hours at the bottom of the mountain, looking for a loved one that had left her. I asked her if the people that visit her needed to actually go up to her to greet her. I was trying to figure out what was really bothering her. I felt like she needed the people to be milling around that area so that she could search among them, and I thought that wouldn’t solve anything. I don’t remember how the phone conversation ended, but it was some emotional revelation for her.

The dream ended with a glimpse of Francis in her castle. She looked beautiful, but removing her headdress revealed a large spider web. Another lady was there. Francis asked the lady if she was scared, or if she thought Francis was ugly. The lady reached out and said Francis was beautiful, saying she wasn’t scared because of the spider-repelling shoes she was wearing. With that, Francis was happy again.

---
My Thoughts
This may be the first fear for me to overcome. I'm horridly arachnaphobic.
 
The blue demon with wings... he was kind of small and round most of the time. He seemed more like a prankster, a demon that was more mischievous than dangerous. At the end of that segment, he looked like a regular man though. So that's what happened when he left the body. The demon that left the body was a large dark blue cloud in the shape of a demon. Considering that other dream long ago with blue demons.... I wonder why demons are blue to me. Francis' clothing when she revealed herself as a spider lady, or whatever, was blue. I want to say her clothing started off a deep burgundy, or maybe a rich purple.
 
These crazy dreams seem to happen when I've slept for some time, wake up, then go back to sleep. I think my dreams become more complete, story-like, complex and crazy/random as I get more sleep deprived.

No comments:

Post a Comment